Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, March 24th

There is a promise for the lost that if they will seek the Lord; they will find him. That is so very true. But for some people who are in relationship with the Lord there can be a period of silence. I’ve heard it called “the dark night of the soul.” No answer from God.

Look closely at Job 23 and 24 for the true source of Job’s pain and complaint. It’s not, “My wealth is gone.” It’s not, “My kids are gone.” It’s not even a complaint about the sores that cover his body. The ultimate source of Job’s pain: “God I cannot hear your voice, I cannot see your hand.”

Job goes through a laundry list of woes taking place all over the land. There’s stealing, robbery, the poor are being oppressed and people are losing their children. Job wants God to whisper. Job wants God to shout. Job just wants to know the presence of the Lord. Through this whole ordeal I believe that God’s perceived silence has been Job’s deepest hurt.

But Job is in such a relationship with God that even through silence he has confidence that when the Lord speaks; it will be for Job’s benefit. “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.” (Job 23:10) Job is holding fast to a day of redemption and restoration even if he knows that the world around him is not making sense.

My Father is always at work. Sometimes I see His work plainly. Sometimes I hear His voice clearly. Sometimes I struggle to see or hear anything. But I know He is at work. How He gets you and I from where we are to where He wants us to be; is often times far above our heads. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment