Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thursday, March 17th

“God does what He wants to do and sometimes I don’t get it.”

To be honest that sums up the way I feel a lot of times. Right now there are thousands of dead and missing in Japan. On top of the damage done by a 9.0 magnitude earthquake and terrible tsunami, Japan faces the threat of radiation poisoning from leaking nuclear reactors. “Hello… God… Are you there??!!”

Believe you me; God is aware of what is happening in Japan. It didn’t slip by Him. Before I became a believer in Jesus Christ I used to wrestle with a God who just did what He wanted to do. If said circumstance didn’t go the way that I would have had it go then God either was not in control or more cruel than I could ever imagine.

What arrogance there is in that way of thinking! If God’s ways are not higher than my ways; if His thoughts are not higher than my thoughts… then He is not worth worshipping. Praise God that He is greater and more in control than I could ever imagine. Sometimes I just have to accept that I don’t understand “His ways.” That usually happens in life when we don’t have the big picture.

Job didn’t have the big picture and he wrestled with it (Job 21). Job’s friends didn’t have the big picture but that just tried to fill in the missing scenes for themselves from what they believed about God (Job 22). How about you? How big is your God? How wise is your God? How loving is He? I pray that you understand Him as bigger, wiser and more loving than you; and therefore you can rest in knowing that, just like in Job’s day, He’s got the whole world in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment