Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19th

There is no one like God. Who is His equal? Job 39 is a continuation of a list of questions given by God to Job that started in chapter 38. The questions are rhetorical. The point; to help Job (and you and I) remember that He is God and we are not.

Job 40 shows Job silent in God’s presence. Job says that he will place his hand over his mouth. Just the same way that Princes used to do in the presence of Job. (29:9)

This makes me think; how often am I silent in the presence of a Holy God. I sing… I “pray”… I talk about Him; but when I look back I realize that I do not find myself in the position of stillness and silence before him.

I’ll just be honest; I would hate to have to go what Job went through. However I would love to know God in the way that Job knows him towards the end of this book. Truth be told though, I’m not sure I can have one without the other. Lord help us to embrace our times in the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment