Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thursday, February 3rd

Some comments do not justify a response. I would do good to remember that. In fact I believe that we would all do good to remember to not “answer a fool in his folly.” Job does just that. Despite backhanded attempts by two “friends” to point out that Job must be a secret sinner, Job decides to keep his focus where it should be. In Job 9 and 10 Job talks about God and he talks to God.

“How can a man make a case before God?” Job knows that he has done nothing wrong but stills recognizes that his righteousness cannot compare to a Holy creator who, to be really honest, does things that we don’t understand and even sometimes loathe. Job understands, “I may be good but I’ll never be good enough.”

Job still has to be honest about his situation. He doesn’t care if he lives or dies. I believe that is a feeling that only a parent who has lost a child can really understand. Job just wants an official indictment from the Lord. “Please show me my charges.” Anyone who is married and has ever had an angry spouse for what appears to be “no good reason” gets this. “Just tell me what I did so I will never do it again!!”

Human beings hate God’s processes. Think about a time when God was refining you. Did you like the process? Probably not, but how was the result? Maybe you are in process now. Maybe you too are only 10 chapters in to your personal story. His ways are higher than our ways. His timing is right… period.

No comments:

Post a Comment