Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friday, June 10, 2011

Lamentations is a neglected book. It was most likely written to be prayed or sung in worship services devoted to asking God's forgiveness and seeking restoration to a convenant relationship with God. Lamentations was written by Jeremiah and holds some very important key theological concepts.

Such concepts as...
a. It offers compelling prayers of confession, renewed hope, and dependence on God's grace.
b. Affirms God's faithfulness and never-ceasing mercy.
c. Affirms that prayers of confession and petition are the means for restoring a broken relationship with God.
d. Affirms that the "day of the Lord" is the day God comes to judge sin.

The key passage in Lamentations is 3:19-24. It states:

"Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him."

I love verses 22-23. They bring joy to my heart. I hope they do the same for you. In fact,
I have a song I like to sing related to these verses. Ask me and I will sing it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment