Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friday, July 1, 2011

Repent! That is the final verse in this section of Ezekiel 13-18. However, it is a call to repent on every person. Jerusalem was destroyed for not repenting as a nation, but this call is to individuals. Every person is to repent and take responsiblity for their moral lives. Thus the appeal is to make yourselves a new heart and spirit.

The appeal is true today for us. We need to take responsiblity for our moral lives. However, many today want to blame someone else for their sins. "It was my parents fault." "My surroundings made me this way." "I would have been different if I had lived in a better place."
You hear the blame everyday. However, God says it is our choices that determine who we are.

I encourage you today to take an inventory of your moral life. Do you have a new heart and spirit? Are you making good moral choices? Are you blaming others for your failings? Just as your parents or surroundings can not save you, neither can your parents sin be held against you. We must take responsiblity for our moral lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment